Monday, January 25, 2010

Little Girl and a Rose

Recently a friend of mine decided to share his artwork with me.  It was fantastic!  He does his artwork with paper and graphite or charcoal.  It got me thinking that I should explore some new options when it comes to my own art. 

I did this sketch of my daugher.  I think that she was around 6-9 months at the time (now she is almost 23 months.)  This was a free hand drawing with a graphite #2 pencil.  Just your standard pencil. I have never really figured out the whole shading thing, but I am pleased with how this turned out.





The second is a drawing of a Rose.  I saw this technique from my friends portfolio, and thought I would take a stabe at it.  I stared out with a plain white piece of paper and shaded the entire page with a #2 pencil.  Then with an eraser removed the shape of the rose.  Then I preceded to shade with the pencil.  I hope you like it.






I have discovered that #2 pencils are not exactly designed for doing these type of drawings, and have since purchased pencils that are made for drawing.  I hope that you have enjoyed something a little bit different.  I will get some new and differnt style of doodles up soon!

Both sketches were done on 8.5x11 white paper with a #2 pencil

Stay tuned...

AP

1 comment: